It wasn't supposed to be like that.
Back in January, I noticed a "New Year's" trend among bloggers, in which they shared some of the strangest keywords bringing Googlers to their blogs. I thought I would do a similar thing... yes, in April, does it matter? One evening I browsed through Google Analytics, found some hilarious things, and wasted two and a half hours of my life. Sometimes, you just really don't want to write essays.
I compiled all these things and then did some twenty speed drawings to illustrate them. I also thought that I was very punny. There were lots and lots of jokes and that strange happy-sarcastic-laughter that I specialize in when functioning on three cups of black tea.
I was very proud of that post. Oh, so very, very proud.
Yesterday, I pulled the post open on my iPod and clicked "Publish." ("Publish," in this case, is the Blogger version of BIG RED BUTTON THAT SAYS DO NOT PUSH! as you will soon see.)
After hitting publish, I clicked "View Blog," just to make sure that everything worked well and that the captions were lined up under my illustrations. The iPod took forever to load, but then I didn't mind. I was sitting at the lunch table, eating a very delicious ham, spicy cheese, and onion-dressing sandwich. All was well in the world. Until...
|This is me, shocked.|
|This is me, in denial.|
I posted in the Blogger Help Forums. My reaction will tell you whether I got any helpful information.
|This is me, reacting.|
Morals of the story:
- It is of imperative importance that I find a way to back up Blogger posts.
- I have two choices: a) forget it and move on, or, b) be stubborn and redo it
- Yours truly is stubborn and doesn't like having 20 unused speed drawings and will redo it. Someday. Yours truly is a very busy girl.
- It is a bad idea to leave a delicious sandwich on your plate and leave the lunch table. A diligent little sibling might just decide to be extra nice to you and clear your plate.
- Sometimes, things just go wrong and Yours Truly overreacts. It's safe to say that if I look like this: