The Tales of Wire Crocheting

November 19, 2009

Remember that post a few months ago when I claimed I would never again try to crochet with wire?

Well, I guess I lied.

A few weeks ago I got to see some of the spectacularly amazing jewelry my friend D. made. She had made several crocheted necklaces. They were amazing! So, of course, I had to ask just what she did to make them.

Turns out the easiest way to wire crochet is to string beads onto wire, then chain stitch a length, pulling up a new bead each time you yo over. This is my first attempt at it-- I crocheted two strands and twisted them together into a bracelet.


I think it turned out rather nicely. :) The below picture is the same bracelet, before I smushed the wire together. I definately prefer the smashed together look.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe