Allons-y! It's my first Doctor Who jewelry set!

June 28, 2013


A couple days ago I purchased a metal stamping kit to create jewelry with awesome quotes and sayings. I've always admired this kind of jewelry, but it does take some investment to get the required tools! I finally broke down and now I'm having fun with a rustic metal look that I've never really incorporated into my jewelry pieces before.

It's probably not a surprise to you all that I am a Doctor Who fan. I have my online friend Elenatintil to blame for introducing me to the show, and several irl friends to blame for getting me completely addicted!

For those of you not familiar with Doctor Who... it's complete bonkers to explain. You always wind up sounding like an idiot, but believe me when I say the show's eccentricities make it epic. Basically it is a BBC show about an alien known only as the Doctor who goes around in a 1960's blue Police Box (which is actually a spaceship called the TARDIS) with various companions (typically a modern day London girl), traveling throughout all of time and space and having wacky, deep, usually-quite-intelligent, and hard-to-explain adventures. Oh, and the Doctor is played by several different actors.

This was an image which greatly inspired this jewelry set:


I don't know who made the compilation graphic with the quote on it, but the artwork featured in this picture was made by Alicexz on DeviantArt.


People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint -
it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.


I love that "wibbly wobbly timey wimey" quote. It's handy to flourish when your brother is asking you to think about light cones and fourth dimensions. :) "It's all just wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff!"


One of my favorite things about Doctor Who is the pure wonder that the Doctor has bubbled up inside of him and how much beauty he sees in everything from the construction of a man-eating robot to a distant star to a single leaf on planet Earth.

This line, which he says when inviting a friend to join him on his adventures, is short and beautiful:

All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was... Where do you want to start?


I handstamped the letters onto aluminum, cut out the metal and sanded the edges, punched in holes for the TARDIS blue eyelets, and strung everything onto darkened steel chain sprinkled with blue glass cats-eye beads.


If you are interested, the necklace and two bracelets are for sale as a set on my Shoppe.

Also, I LOVE my camera and its lenses. They were a graduation present and I've been having SO MUCH FUN playing with the settings. :)

Fellow Whovians... what is your favorite Doctor Who quote? And your favorite episode and companion and Doctor? Personally I love Don't Blink, Amy, Martha, and Clara (don't make me pick!) and my bug-eyed Doctor (lol-- it's a joke in my family-- I mean the talented David Tennant of course!).


As a bonus, here is the very first piece that I made with my stamping kit! "Inconceivable!" is, of course, from The Princess Bride, one of the most quotable movies of all time. This one has chainmaille details.
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe