Out For Lunch

February 16, 2014

Halloween in the dorm room-- this picture was taken by my amazing roomate who not only puts up  with my eccentricism but has become one of my closest friends!

The microwave is humming in the background as I eagerly await a cup of hot herbal tea. I am back at home, and most of my family is asleep already. I've adapted too well to a midnight bedtime.

Today my grandparents visited and told me that I needed to put some sort of "Out For Lunch" post up on my blog so that people wouldn't think I simply abandoned it. That's when I realized that I haven't written a proper post since September! Here it is, February, and I have so much to write about and so many pictures to share that every time the thought of blogging crosses my mind, I shut down the thought so that I don't overwhelm my brain.

To be fair, I am very busy. This entire freshman year I am taking on a nice hefty class load which will only increase over time. This semester I am in class for 24 hours a week, and have homework, the Shoppe, family, friends, church, and activities to keep up with. It's rare that I have even half an hour of the day to simply sit down and read a book or just zone out! It's a big change of pace from my homeschooling days (and I thought I was

I'm really loving college, though! I've made so many wonderful friends and can't even begin to describe how much my life has been changing, and in so many great and wonderful ways!

This is the first weekend in over a month that I have been home, and it is SO NICE. My family and I are really close, I've missed all my siblings, and ohmygosh I completely forgot to ever blog about the birth of my baby sister.

(See what I mean about having so much to write about that I just don't do it at all?)

Here's a picture of Baby "Josie"-- and sometime in the hopefully very-near future you will be subjected to an entire post in which I "ooooh" and "ahhhh" over her!


Well, consider this my "Out For Lunch" post! As I can fit time in between homework and work, I'll start getting this blog back into shape. :) Pip pip toodle-dee-do for now!

P.S. I have a new website! www.shaylynnann.com It's still in the works (and always will be!) but for now it's a nice little hub for all of my online artistic-ness.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe