Circlets for a Ballet

August 29, 2015


Sparkles and ribbon and silver and gold!

I'd forgotten completely to blog about this, but last year I was commissioned to create eleven circlets for a ballet studio in Indiana. These circlets are like the Aurora Circlets that I make, but in custom colors.


The circlets have more ribbon than the normal headpieces-- a strand of pale sparkly gold, and a strand of green.


I purchased peridot green rhinestone chain to use on these. This was only the second time that I have made these circlets in anything but white, cream, or champagne pink!


As you can probably tell, this project took an insane amount of work. Everything is completely handmade-- I make these circlets with nothing but a roll of silver-plated wire, rhinestone chains, and spools of ribbon.



The circlets are adjustable for different sized heads; I think the ballerinas were going to weave braids in and out of the top "zig-zags" of rhinestones.


When I was a little girl, I loved ballet-- it was so much fun to participate in ballet in my own small way, by making pretty headpieces for the dancers. :)


I heard that their performance went beautifully!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe