Wordle Word Cloud

December 06, 2010

"Shealynn's Faerie Shoppe" word cloud
I love typography. Words themselves are so beautiful; they are an art of ideas, and can be an art in themselves.


Maybe that is why I love calligraphy. Even without the fancy pens... I tend to add swirls or lengthen lines or change the shapes of many letters. (although I will NOT claim that my ordinary handwriting is very pretty). And on the computer... Oh, so fun! I love downloading fonts and creating typography. It's amazing what a little difference can do to impact the visual presentation and the "theme" of a word!

I've found a really neat website, called { Wordle } which lets you make word clouds and edit all sorts of settings. It's about 100X faster than making a typography cloud yourself, and you still gets lots of customization!


Wordle lets you manually choose words, as I did in the first picture. I ran the image through Photoshop to make it focus on the words "Shealynn's Faerie Shoppe".  You can type words multiple times, and they will appear larger than other words.

I tried this for an essay-- copy and paste into Wordle's magic box. The result was much prettier than the essay :)
Click to enlarge

Wordle can make clouds based on websites! Here, you can see the most frequent words used on this blog, all on a pretty little word cloud!
Click to enlarge
Here it is again-- but with different settings.

Click to... you get the picture
Even my { ArtFire shoppe } can be made into a Wordle. I had no idea that my most-used word was "SOMETHING"!!! Haha! The Shoppe is full of lots of "somethings!"


This is a quick typography project for anyone! You could do so much with it... I might print one out and slide in a school binder; what do you think?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe