Clothespin Picture Holder { tutorial }

February 17, 2011

I'd like to share a quick and easy craft that my little sister and I made-- I call it the Clothespin Picture Holder!

Addie keeps coloring her coloring pages, and wanted somewhere to display them. I wasn't fond of the idea of having a ton of coloring pages taped to our wall. The clothespins let you clip as many pages as you want on; you can then switch which ones go in front.

You will need:
  • clothespins
  • mod podge (or your choice of glue)
  • (optional) stamps
  • wall stickies

This would be a great craft to do with your own siblings (or, in the case of parents reading this, your kids).

Adelynn did almost all of this on her own!!!

First, find your clothespins and say hello to my little helper




...and the handy supplies. (Hi, handy supplies!)

 Cut out rectangles to glue on the clothespins. Adelynn decided to use two different colors.

Mod podge (or whatever glue you use) the papers to the pins.

If you have Mod Podge or other decoupage glue, paint the glue ontop of the paper, too.

(Optional) Stamp and cut out some pretty design. Glue this on the top of the clothespin, the bottom, whatever. Adelynn chose the top.

Attach the wall stickies. I used 3M strips (they don't hurt the wall or furniture, and are stronger than ticky tacky). 
I cut the strips in half so they fit on the clothespins.

RANDOM HELPFUL TIP: if you ever want to use wall stickies for lightweight objects (posters, light corkboard, random crafts), cut the strips in half. They work just as well and you only use half the amount.

Stick the clothespins on your wall (or the side of a dresser!) and hang those "masterpieces" right up!

See all my other posts on creative decorating/organizing!

Let me know if you try it! Leave a link in the combox (comments box) with a link to your own blog post or to a picture!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe