Imported from my blog... crocheting!

September 12, 2009

Guess what I've recently fallen in love with? Crocheting.


The above are pictures of my in my beret. :) It was my second real crochet project. Its so fun! It was also the very first time I used an actual crochet pattern. I used an old 1936 pattern I found online. It is very simple and easy:
Beret

Ch. 3, join in a ring.

Row 1: 6 single crochet in ring. = 6 sc's

Row 2: 2 single crochet in each stitch. =12 sc's

Row 3: *Increase one by working 2 single crochet in next stitch, 1 single crochet in the next stitch. Repeat from * around Row. =18 sc's

Row 4: *2 single crochet in next stitch, 1 single crochet in each of the next 2 sts, repeat from * around row. =24 sc's

Continue to increase in this manner (1 extra stitch in every x, x+1, x+2, etc.) 6 times in each row, until work measures 10 inches in diameter. (You have just crocheted a circle). Work even for 1 inch. Then decrease by skipping every 10th st. in each row until hat fits desired head size. Work 2 rows even. Break yarn and fasten.-Minerva Yarns 1936

 
My brother looks like a mushroom from Mario Brothers in it. :) I had to really twist his arm just to let me take this picture.

 
It didn't take any arm twisting for my brother to wear the hat! He actually stole it off my head. He is so cute!
What was really funny was that I wore it to garage sales this weekend. Some random lady asked if I had made it, and asked me for the pattern!
Mom thinks I should put a pom-pom on it. :P
My sister, of course, had to have a hat, too. As has been the case with most of my projects, I simply made it up as I went along, the result being that it looks very 70's and is lopsided. :) 
She loves it, though.

 
So does Marcus, apparently.
I had made Mr. Harry Potter Fan a Gryffindor scarf for his birthday. Of course, my other brother had to have something, too. So I made him a hat (which takes 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of the time, lol) Here is Mr. Harry Potter Fan wearing his scarf and commandeering his brother's hat:
Erm... I'd post the pattern for the HP hat (the others I made up as I went along) but I seem to have missplaced the link... ::)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe