Wire Knots and Buttons

April 15, 2011


Guess what I've been up to? 

Making totally cool rings. ^_^



I've made some rings before (check out the fairy "vine rings"), but recently decided that I was lacking in the ring-making-skills-department.


So I taught myself how to make some 8 different styles of rings! It took a couple hours of experimentation (not to mention about 3 foot of twisted, ruined wire), but I think I've got it down now.


Here's a ring that I've been wearing constantly for about 3 weeks. It was my first "success." :) I've actually been surprised at just how well it it holding up.
UPDATE: Check out the ring follow-up, 6 months later.

I've considered selling these on my Shoppe... however, since I am not using a ring mandrel (hello, cheap dry-erase marker), I really have no way of knowing the exact sizes. And that's not the best for online selling. :D

(I've made about twice this many rings...)

AND... guess what? I filmed tutorials for 4 different styles of rings! Look for the videos after Easter. :) {Find the tutorials HERE!}
__________

Sidenote #1: You know that I'm not blogging much until Lent is over... but as soon as Easter comes, you guys are in for a treat. I've got nine new tutorials lined up and about ten other projects to share. :)

Sidenote #2: Another thing to look for after Easter-- a blog re-do! I'm keeping the main graphics, but there will be much more color. Perhaps an entirely new background, too. And much more organization.

Sidenote #3: I don't really have anything to share here... I just like using the word sidenote. :D

You Might Also Like

7 COMMENTS

  1. those rose rings are gorgeous! and the button ones are so creative, and you could make so many different styles that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rings are so pretty!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That top wire ring is the kind you sent me with your necklaces, and I've been wearing it constantly, too! I have it on right now, in fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove them Shaylynn! Can't wait for a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to know you from blog hop. Please follow my blog, http://momsfocusonline.com/time-to-follow-blog-hop-for-july.html and let me know to return the favor

    please follow my facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moms-Focus-on-Cyber-World/143647461954

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh when the tutorial comes I MUST make that ring! It's awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

Like on Facebook

Instagram Images