Wirewrapped Rosette Ring { Tutorial }

May 03, 2011

Have you ever wondered how to make a beautiful ring... all by yourself?

I finally edited and uploaded the long promised Ring Tutorial!

This video (6 minutes long) teaches you how to make Wirewrapped Rosette/Knot/Spiral rings.

You will need:
  • pliers
  • a mandrel or thick marker
  • wire (copper is the easiest to work with)

Enjoy! I hope this helps you make some of your own rings! Don't worry if you don't get the hang of it right away. It takes a lot of practice.



By the way... that ring I mentioned wearing continuously for 2 weeks? I've been wearing it now for a month (in place of my purity ring, which we need to get fixed). This includes wearing it when washing hands, etc. It hasn't faded or weakened or lost it's shape.
(Update: See this same ring, 6 months later!)


My post on handmade wire rings was quite popular, so I decided to just go and fix that darn Windows Movie Maker and get the video up and running as quickly as possible!

This is just the first in a series of videos. Over the next couple of weeks, keep an eye out for video tutorials on these ring styles:

UPDATE: Videos finished, here they are:




Did you make a ring using this tutorial? Please share your projects, questions, and tips in the comment box! :)

As usual, linking up at these blog parties.

You Might Also Like

20 COMMENTS

  1. This is great, so pretty! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ring is gorgeous...Thanks for sharing this.. now I can made myself one... a ring that you don't need to take off when doing housework is definitely WOW! Love PC, Penang, Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    I host a weekly Friday link party I would love you to join if you are interested!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!

    Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so creative and beautiful! I love it! The tutorial was well done and easy to understand! Thank you! I'll have to make one tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous!! I may have to try this! Stopping by from Justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Shaylynn! Ever since you sent me the ring I'm wearing right now (yep, it's still good as new after a month or so of wearing!) I've been wanting to make one. However, craft-challenged as I am, I could see how it was done but not figure it out myself. This is a great tutorial!
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! I love this. I am totally making myself one!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    xo
    Cody
    http://www.machoandtough.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO simple, yet so pretty. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

    Melissa

    MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tut. Found you on Not Just a Housewife!

    http://www.sunflowersathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful ring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ring and am definately going to have to make a few. I know my granddaughter would love them. Great tutorial also . Very well understood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is gorgeous! I am going shopping today for the supplies. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool!
    I just started a linky party this past Tuesday. It was a great success with over 50 link ups! I would love it if you would participate tomorrow! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
    Tina
    http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
    PS. I'm GIVING away 50 button pony tailers this month! Come visit and claim yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there!! Thanks for linking up to my Marvelous Mess party. I wanted to let you know that I featured this project on my blog!! Here is the link if you want to check it out (and grab a button!!): http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/05/marvelous-mess-11-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yesterday I did this! It was so fun. I posted about it on my blog!

    ~Mary Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynne in MemphisJune 24, 2011 at 2:53 PM

    Very clear instructions. I made six last night. Tonight: buttons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Featured it today! www.johnnyinadress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. these rings are beautiful! I'll have to pluck up the courage to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best gift for your future bride is a Solitaire Diamond Engagement Ring, as these Engagement Rings are considered as the most beautiful stylish setting. It is the one and only moment of your life and off course everyone wants to enjoy those beautiful moments with most beautiful gifts and rings.

    ReplyDelete

Like on Facebook

Instagram Images