My First Commissioned Artwork

July 22, 2011

A few weeks ago, I finished my first-ever commissioned work of art!


It is done in watercolor and a gray marker/pen.

The preliminary sketch
The painting is concept art for a friend who is writing a fantasy novel. I have to thank him for his patience while I tried to figure out how to draw something that is neither from my imagination nor from a photo. Doing artwork for others is hard work, lol!

In-progress painting
And in the process, I discovered that watercolors don't necessarily have to be my worst enemy. :)



-----
Just to let you know, if you are interested in commissioning a work of art, please email me at ShealynnsFaerieShoppe {at} gmail {dot} com!

As of right now, I am still trying to figure out if I would like to do much commissioning, and pinpointing pricing and required amounts of time, but I am more than happy to work with you and figure something out!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

all

Flickr Images

Subscribe